At Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI), we understand that being a professional truck driver can be a complex job. There are a lot of ins and outs to this career and parts that some drivers enjoy more than others. That’s why DTI offers a handful of different driver types and schedule options—so you can find one that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
One of the ways we cater to drivers’ lifestyles is by offering no-touch, delivery, and team driving options. For the purpose of this post, we’re going to focus on the differences and similarities between a no-touch driver and a delivery driver at DTI.
- Take product to Dot terminals for turns
- Drop and hook trailers at various locations
- Deliver loads to customers where you don’t have to unload the truck on their dock
- Pick up loads from suppliers and bring them back to a Dot distribution center (DC)
Check out a realistic job preview from the eyes of a Dot no-touch driver.
- Unload freight on customer’s docks and get paid for every case they touch
- Pick up product from suppliers to bring back to a Dot warehouse
Check out a realistic job preview from the eyes of a Dot delivery driver.
Both No-Touch & Delivery Drivers
- Drive an automatic Volvo, Peterbilt, or FreightLiner
- Get full-time miles
- Receive full-time benefits
- Have flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle
- Experience best-in-class job security—we’ve never had a layoff… ever!
- Discover career growth and opportunities
Ready to Join the DTI Team?
Have questions or need more info? Submit this form and a Dot Transportation recruiter will contact you!