Applying for a new job can be nerve-wracking. And if you’ve found your way to this blog post, you’re probably interested in a new professional driving job with Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI). If you aren’t sure what the next steps are or you have more questions about our application process, you’re in the right place.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about DTI’s application and interview process:
1. What do I need to apply to drive for DTI?
- An understanding of your driving record—including accidents or traffic violations—from the past five years.
- You will not need a resume or references to apply to drive for DTI.
2. Do I have to have my Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsements before I apply?
No. If you do not have your Haz-Mat or Tanker endorsements, we still encourage you to apply. The endorsements can be obtained during Dot driver training and orientation if you are hired.
3. Why do you require a Haz-Mat endorsement?
While we primarily haul food, we service many aspects of the foodservice industry. That means that we haul a lot of the products you would find in your kitchen—such as dish soap. If a driver is hauling enough of those types of products, it is considered a hazardous load, so the driver must have their Haz-Mat endorsement.
4. How long will the application take me complete?
Approximately 25-30 minutes if you have all of the information you need in front of you. Please refer to question #1 to make sure you are fully prepared to complete the application.
5. Who can I contact if I need help with my application?
6. What steps do I have to go through to become a Dot driver?
- 1. Apply to drive for Dot Transportation
- 2. Phone interview with DTI’s hiring team
- 3. In-person interview Dot’s transportation team
- 4. Pre-employment screening process, including things like a background check and reference checks
- 5. Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to make sure you will be as safe as possible when working with us
- 6. Schedule your start date
7. How long does the application process take once I have submitted my application?
On average, it takes just over one month to go through the five main steps in our application process and become a DTI employee. Those five steps include:
- 1. Phone interview
- 2. In-person interview
- 3. Pre-employment screening
- 4. Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- 5. Start date scheduling
In 2022, driver Dick Kramberg etched his name in the DTI record books by officially joining Dot...
Jose Castellano’s hard work and culinary talents opened doors he never thought possible. But the...
Harry Graham got his first taste of commercial driving while working for a Chicago-based utilities...
& Discover Your Forever Career
Need More Infromation Before You Apply?
We’d Love to talk to you.