WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information to us when you use our Sites. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, make a purchase, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, participate in a survey, click on an ad, redeem a promotion or use some other feature of our Sites. We collect certain information automatically when you use the Sites, such as information about the pages you look at on our Sites, the actions you take on our Sites, or the information that your browser or device that you use routinely shares to access our Sites.
We collect information from you so we can share specific programs, product information, and promotions with you, including e-mail notifications and other services to you. If you use our Sites to make purchases, we use the information you provide to facilitate your orders and to give you a more personalized experience. The information you provide including order information and history may be separately shared or combined with other information available from our records and shared with our partners to increase our product offering, used in analyzing customer trends, or for future marketing efforts.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
We also use “log files” on our website servers. “Log files” include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and the number of clicks, which are used to analyze trends, administer our website, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Your IP address and other log file information is tied to the information we collect from you to enable our web-based services.
We currently use Google Analytics to collect and process certain Site usage data. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out, please click here.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Third parties at your request: You may choose to share your activities on Dot Foods with others through email, text, or on various social media networks.
- Service providers and advisors: Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfillment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Product suppliers: Third-party product suppliers who may have a legitimate business or legal interest in receiving such information. For example, personal information may be shared with product suppliers to fulfill product recalls or transaction tracking regarding shipments of supplier products.
- The public: When you provide feedback or post user content on our site. For example, if you post a comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or social media pages.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you.
YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and data sharing settings: You may update your profile information, such as your username, address, or billing information, and may change some of your data sharing preferences by contacting your Dot customer service representative or contact our website support team.
How to control your email preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). We may communicate by SMS text messages but will offer an option to opt-out at any time by following the instructions in the text message communication.
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact our website support team.
Geolocation: You may control location tracking by adjusting your location services settings on your mobile device. We may continue to approximate your location based on your IP address when you access the Service through a computer or device.
THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We may engage in interest-based advertising and permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our websites and mobile apps over time so that they may play or display ads on our sites, on other websites, apps or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. We may also use third-party services to collect information about your browser or device, or your online activity on our sites so that we may enhance or personalize your experience, better understand the demographics of our users and how they interact with our sites, evaluate the success of our marketing campaigns, track reporting, referrals and attribution, and similar activities.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Data storage and transfer: Your information collected through our website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Dot Foods or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Keeping your information safe: Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. If any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18. These Sites are intended to be used by our customers and potential customers. These Sites are available for anyone to view, but if you are 18 years of age or younger, please do not submit any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information.
REPORTING AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) went into effect on January 1, 2020. The CCPA provides certain California residents five new rights respecting their personal information. If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights:
- The right to request more information about our data collection and sales practices in connection with your personal information, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the source of the information, our use of the information and, if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties;
- The right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about you during the 12 months before your request (together with right #1, a “personal information request”). You may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period, and we will respond within 45 days of receiving a personal information request;
- The right to request that personal information be deleted (with exceptions);
- The right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable; and
- The right not to be discriminated against because you exercise any of the new rights.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83 and GDPR) about you that we collect on the Site with other people or unaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission, and we have not “sold” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) your personal information in the last 12 months.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us as listed in the Reporting and How to Contact Us section.
We operate in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Personal information collected on the Sites may be stored and processed in the United States in which Dot Foods or its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, or third-party service providers maintain facilities, and by using the Sites, you acknowledge that such transfers of information outside of your country to the extent permissible under applicable law occur.